Wednesday, February 27, 2008

remember your mortality....

Life seems like a obstacle - as we desperately try to assimilate and re-organize the pieces of the puzzle together. Sometimes I have seen people foundling away fantastic opportunities because they were so "caught up" at the moment in their lives. Judging from personal experience there are limitless possibilities when we look towards the horizon - but I wonder if we Indians collectively ever look up. I find solace in the fact that like me, many of my generation and later are gradually waking up to the fact that happiness, family, money or social life or the tiny lil things that matter in life - contribute in a way towards nirvana but their sum collectively is never equal to true happiness.

I always believed that I am going to become the person that I desire to be - I will make the changes that I must, in order to do that. And I will describe my struggles here - right here. There were so many mistakes I could have not committed - there is always a learning there.

I always believed that it is today that we make our lives, and shape our destiny - our past is what has brought us here, future is what we shape today. After all we are all mortals - lets make each day of our lives count.

Memento mori is a Latin phrase that may be freely translated as "Remember that you are mortal," "Remember you will die," or "Remember your death". It names a genre of artistic creations that vary widely from one another, but which all share the same purpose, which is to remind people of their own mortality.

PS: memento mori and carpe diem - learn more from wikipedia (link here)


Sphere: Related Content

No comments: