Wednesday, February 20, 2008

if Yan can cook, so can I......

well tonight I decided I will give my family a surprise - while all of them were away shopping and I was destined to do what IT business guys are supposed to do - work late and churn out something productive for my bosses. Not so bad - since it was mostly covered earlier by me and I just had to collect data-points from my crystal ball G-O-O-G-L-E.

So I decided in the meanwhile while everyone was away to dabble in some cooking since the kitchen is usually off-limits for me. All I had were Chicken cocktail suasages and the rest of the stuff you usually find around the kitchen.

So all prepared I thought of something innovative to cook. No cookbooks but decided to take a leaf out of Ratatoule - the movie. Someone who can do strategic planning for a 120 mn vertical better be good at this. So I thought and ended up making this.

The recipe:
10 chicken cocktail sausages
1 tsp oil
1/2 small onion
1/2 small tomato
3 chillies (finely cut)
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp schezwan chilli sauce
1/2 tsp butter
1 cup of leftover rice

Saute the chilli, cut onions, green chillies into the oil in the frying pan. As it turns brown add the chili sauce into it and let it simmer for a while. Add the tomatoes finely cut into in, stir for a while. Add the sausages, 1/3 cup water, soya sauce and stir for a while. Cook for 10-15 mins on slow flame as the meat gets tender and the curry thickens. (i added a lil bit of sauce thickener). Add the rice that was fried in a lil bit of oil, onion & salt separately around the stuff to form a ring. Garnish with a lil bit of coriander and lil bit of butter around the sides. Let it cook for 5 more mins. The stuff was done. Everything looked perfect .......only transferring it on a serving plate was the difficult part. By this time the family was back, they actually couldn't believe that I had done this.

For someone who earns his money doing all crazy stuff for people selling services to everyone else around the globe, it was after all, "All in a days work"

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: