Monday, February 25, 2008

aim for one cause....

yesterday I was in conversation with one of my dearest friends who made me an excellent offer to switch industries, return back to my hometown and settle down permanently – well sort of it. Somehow in the bottom of my heart I was sure that I was not destined (and I do believe we make our own destiny) to work for an MNC, draw in a fat pay slip every month, meet targets and at the end be completely oblivious to what value I am adding to the organization as a whole or society on a broader perspective for that matter.

Spending some time in services marketing & sales in the life sciences & healthcare industry I was of the opinion that I was slowly picking up the various facets of business, however, I was little prepared for the loss of a very dear one recently.

After a lot of soul-searching the realization dawned on me and led me to some serious revelations about myself, what I truly care about and cherish, and perhaps most importantly, what I would like to devote the rest of my life to.

I came to the conclusion that my life would be best devoted to the "greater good" of humanity - enabling technology to enhance the quality of human life. It would be great enabling the greater players in the life sciences & healthcare industry help conceive innovative & low-cost solutions not only for the US but the rest of the world, where nearly 90% of the population don’t have access to basic healthcare. Would it be a dream that a common man will have access to a basic 256 slice CT or low cost bio-markers at a nominal cost or people from the 3rd world countries having access to low cost yet effective solutions from companies like Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Merck, Pfizer, GSK, Philips, GE Healthcare and other biggies of the world – that will help save lives of millions across the globe who are afflicted by a wave of AIDS, Cancer, or save thousand of lives of infants or mothers who perish due to lack of basic healthcare around.

Can’t we do our bit to save these lives?

The realization had dawned sometime back that this is what I am passionate about. The dream to help others conceive, deploy and service the world population with innovative life-saving solutions, where somewhere in the background I play my role, silently hoping and praying that somewhere somehow, my act today - helped save a person’s life somewhere round the globe.

Is it too much to ask for??

To quote Mother Teresa,

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin............"

“Make us worthy, Lord, to serve those people throughout the world who live and die in poverty and hunger. Give them through our hands, this day, their daily bread, and by our understanding love, give them peace and joy..........”

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

change is the essence of life >>>>>>> good to see you finding a direction. Go ahead 'n never look back:)