Thursday, February 7, 2008

random thoughts.....

Another week has flown by! Looking back, this week has been really hectic and I have no clue where it went. Maybe I feel this way because last weekend was hardly a holiday. I was running all over Pune trying to find things to get my family life rolling.


For about a week before my “better half” came over, I was really excited. At first, it was the excitement of spending some quality time with my wife and then, it was the excitement of seeing my family very soon… I was thrilled! As the D-day neared, the excitement turned into something else.I felt like one phase of my life was over and I have entered a new phase. I could no longer get out of my place as a loner and think, “let’s try my luck at those singles joints”. Those days have gone by!

Suddenly life flashed by………….when I was at college, I was typically one of those guys who would complain about their college at the first chance that came their way. Man! I couldn’t wait to get out of college. Once I got out of college, I realized how much that place had become a part of my life and how badly I missed it. I missed being a backbencher, I missed sneaking out of class with my friends to eat samosa, smoke a occasional joint, I missed going to the library to check movie timings, , I missed going out on long bike drives, I missed A.C. Canteen, I missed bunking classes and going to Priya, I missed the chowkidar, I missed giggling during the OAT, I missed playing for my college, I missed running around the college early in the morning, I missed complaining about our teachers, and most of all, I missed all the wonderful people I made friends with when I was in college!

On the day of the convocation, the college was filled with squeals of “oh my god! Can’t believe you’ve changed so much…” and “it is so good to see you!!” and “heyyyyyyyyy… been looking for you all over the place”… it was heavenly… it was so nice that even the yellow convocation robes didn’t seem like such a big deal. Finally, after a lot of hugging and screaming and shouting, we were all seated at our respective places. The convocation began! The usual speeches of responsibility and duty were made. All of us had to go and stage individually and collect our certificate. We were graduates!!!!

Life was the same in B-school. Never could live life as it is meant to be. Thinking of someone else who was omni-present in my life, I ruined what was there already. Eventually all eneded.

This simple flash made realize that we should stop living in the past and live for the present. Too many complaints about the present often lead people make mistakes……….mistakes they rue all their lives. I do not want to end up like those buggers. I want to live life. I want to live life with the person sharing her life with me & my wonderful family. God bless everyone. The simple realization made me smile

I want to be happy.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: